Friday, September 09, 2005

A+ B Movies

Frailty will always be a great movie in my mind for the red-state laugh I got to have in the theater. I saw it up north and a bunch of lib students were in front of me laughing, but I had seen enough horror movies to know what they were in for. Frailty certainly does have some great gallows humor--think Stand By Me meets Psycho meets Exorcist. I don't want to ruin it for you so I'm going drop the summary. I strongly suggest you watch it clean. The DVD is cool for a lesser known film because its got three different commentaries, deleted scenes, a making of, and some other little stuff. This movie's premise freaks out liberals and the writer commentary is mostly the poor guy trying to explain why this movie is not insane. A great cast, good child actors, plenty of blood, and a great twist. This is one of those movies that breaks the rules, but it plays by enough of them so as to blindside the veiwer.

No comments:

Post a Comment