Sunday, November 12, 2006

Auburn 15 - Georgia 37

I was at Jordan-Hare for this debacle (section 104 on the East Upper) as I try not to miss the yearly Auburn-Georgia meeting. As long as they aren't playing each other, I'm a fan of both the Dawgs and the Tigers. When they do play each other, I'm a rabid Auburn fan, so it was pretty heartbreaking to see Auburn get dominated yesterday afternoon, to say the least.

What can I say? Georgia showed up to play, Auburn didn't. As I told Father of Garm last night, there was NOTHING (zero, zilch) in Auburn's game to point to as being remotely good. The Defense was dominated (zero sacks on a freshman QB), the Offense was horrid (INT, INT, INT, ah screw it), and the Special Teams were lackluster, to say the least (seriously, did you see those punts? gah!). I don't know where the collective head of Auburn was at. . . yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition. Anyway, Georgia came to play; after all, they had something to prove after their losses this season. Auburn didn't, and now they're out of the SEC Championship game. Oh well, hopefully they'll be better next season.

In the meantime though, we got Bama coming up, and a win on them will erase all my criticisms and make me feel so much better about life in general.

BEAT BAMA!
WAR DAMN EAGLE!

(by the way, I just want to say that I didn't talk to any Georgia fans, either in Auburn or back home while I was shopping after the game, who were obnoxious, annoying, etc. They were all gracious in their victory and quite polite about it. [not that they have that much to brag about this season, but still...] I appreciate that, and hope that Auburn fans, myself included, display similar levels of good sportsmanship next year when we kick y'all's ass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment