Monday, June 12, 2006

Truly a Moran

But at least he's being honest about his politics:
Moran, D-8th, told those attending the Arlington County Democratic Committee's annual Jefferson-Jackson Day dinner on June 9 that while he in theory might oppose the fiscal irresponsibility of “earmarks” - funneling money to projects in a member of Congress's district - he understands the value they have to constituents.

“When I become chairman [of a House appropriations subcommittee], I'm going to earmark the s**t out of it,” Moran buoyantly told a crowd of 450 attending the event.
That repeated "thudding" sound you hear is probably my cranium impacting something harder than bone. Honestly, when I read stuff like that, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I mean, on the one hand, he acknowledges that he shouldn't funnel taxpayer money that might be best used elsewhere back to his home district. . . but that he will anyway, 'cause that'll get him reelected.

Sigh.

Gotta love the culture of corruption that our elected leaders, regardless of political orientation, embrace. Oh, and then there's this:
Moran and his two Republican Northern Virginia counterparts - U.S. Reps. Frank Wolf, R-10th, and Tom Davis, R-11th - essentially mapped out their own redistricting plan after the 1990 federal census, and handed it to the General Assembly for action.
After all, gerrymandering does make the world go 'round. It's not like it doesn't happen down here in Georgia every time the General Assembly switches polarity, but it still annoys me.

Both parties make me sick, but that's nothing new.

No comments:

Post a Comment