Monday, February 04, 2008

Choice? You don't have a choice, Citizen.

Hillary's version of Universal Healthcare? Garnishing your wages, and everyone else's, to pay for it. . . and you won't have a choice in the matter.
Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday she might be willing to garnish the wages of workers who refuse to buy health insurance to achieve coverage for all Americans.

The New York senator has criticized presidential rival Barack Obama for pushing a health plan that would not require universal coverage. Clinton has not always specified the enforcement measures she would embrace, but when pressed on ABC's "This Week," she said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."

Clinton said such measures would apply only to workers who can afford health coverage but refuse to buy it, which puts undue pressure on hospitals and emergency rooms.
Ah, Personal Choice, Personal Responsibility, such wonderfully quaint, anachronistic ideals they are. It's good that we have Hillary Clinton to lead us into the glorious new future in which we don't have to worry about what we, as the dirty working class and the lazy economic elite, will do with our earnings. Mother Government has plans and strategies laid out for us, so we shan't worry anymore. Why, I once went over a year without health insurance and I could technically have afforded it! How silly and selfish of me! I wish Her Glorious Magnificence had been President then, since I wouldn't have had the opportunity to make such a self-serving choice; that decision would have been made for me by She Who Knows Better, and boy, wouldn't that have been a load off my shoulders.

I can only hope that Clinton has other plans for how I live my life, as I just can't make those decisions and choices on my own, and I certainly don't want to have to take any responsibility (ugh, just typing the word makes my skin crawl) for my actions. I have all this guilt for the plight of others, but I just can't do anything about it on my own. I hope she's elected; I won't have to worry about what I should do for others, since she'll have done all that horrid decision-making for me. Oh Glorious Day!

Shucks, I should vote for her just because she'd be the first female President of the United States, and electing someone based solely on their sex instead of their experience, their record, their ideals, or the content of their character isn't sexist or discriminatory AT ALL.

(h/t - Kim)

No comments:

Post a Comment