Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm doomed

Oh, this is just f'ing great. I've been ardently working on getting my health under control for months; specifically, I've been trying to lose weight. Not that I was/am obese or have any current health problems (physical health, anyway) but being overweight, having high cholesterol, and having high blood pressure are embedded deep in my DNA. So when I woke up one day and realized that I weighed significantly more than I should, I made some serious lifestyle changes. I've lost a significant amount of weight in a healthy, responsible, and safe manner and according to my physical a month ago, all my numbers are within the normal range for my age group, although my weight is still a bit above where it should be. There are self-improvement goals still to be met, but I've done well so far.

And then I read this headline:
McDonald's May Offer Breakfast Menu All Day Long.
Oh, the temptation! The McGriddle was the bane of my midsection before I embarked on my weight-loss quest, and is still a huge temptation for me, but I was able to hide behind the impenetrable wall of "Thou Shalt NOT Order Breakfast Food After a Certain Time". . . and soon that wall will be torn asunder, allowing a flood of cheesy, eggy, maple syrupy goodness to flow forth in all its calorie-laden glory. Damn you McDonald's! From hell's heart I stab at thee!

Oh, God, I just realized a possibility, nay! a probability, might soon exist: being able to purchase a McGriddle, a vanilla milkshake, McDonald's Fries (suck it Wendy's), and coffee at the same time. I'm doomed.
Filed in:

No comments:

Post a Comment