Thursday, September 28, 2006

More on Jeff Cooper

Guns and Ammo posted their Jeff Cooper Tribute, a collection of some of his quotes. The amazing thing is that the list is only a fraction of Cooper's total publicized output; love him or hate him, the man was prolific. Here are two more of my favorites regarding violence and aggression, and exemplify part of why I attempt to train my mind and hands in effective defensive shooting techniques:
One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure--and in some cases I have--that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.
And:
Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!
Damn straight.
Filed in:

No comments:

Post a Comment