Thursday, September 01, 2005

International help after Katrina

Russia is offering assistance. And so is (surprise) Venezuela, of all countries. Good for them. Lord knows that the Gulf States affected by the hurricane need any help they can get. So I guess I can cross Russia and Venezuela off the list of countries who only pay lip service to being our "friends." I should be mad, but I'm sufficiently numb to the fact that much of the rest of the world hates the U.S., regardless of the good things we've done for them that I'm not THAT angry. As Kira says:
There is no international relief effort for America's tragedies. And we don'’t expect any. Americans will take care of their own. . . again.
Update: Looks like some in the international community ARE starting to help out with the disaster. Check out The Bad Hair Blog for details. I stand by my "sufficiently numb" comment above.

No comments:

Post a Comment