Tuesday, August 09, 2005

PETA Post. . . Ugh, I said PETA

"Won't someone PLEASE think about the poor baby cows?"

Via Michelle Malkin: PETA's up to their old tricks. This time they're comparing the plight of the Jews at the hands of the Nazis, the plight of Black Americans in this country, the plight of Native Americans, etc. to, wait for it. . . animals being "abused." By abused, they mean being kept as pets, used as food, used for medical experiments, etc. You know, if I wasn't surprised by PETA's stupidity, I would have choked on my hamburger (mmmm. . . medium rare). Even my dog started laughing, and I didn't know he could read. In fact, he snorted his meat-based dog food across my kitchen floor with a huge guffaw. In their display, lovingly titled "Are Animals the New Slaves?" the ethically-pure (sarcasm) PETA-ites include pictures "of butchered livestock hung next to the photo of two lynched black men dangling before a white mob. " And then there's the "photo showing a concentration camp inmate with a number tattooed across his emaciated chest [which] was juxtaposed against a shot of a monkey in a laboratory with a number branded across its chest."

Nice.

And how did the local Black Americans and Jewish-Americans react. Well . . . let's just say it was obvious:

"I am a black man! I can’t compare the suffering of these black human beings to the suffering of this cow," said Michael Perkins, 47, of New Haven.
. . .
"You can’t compare me to a freaking cow," shouted John Darryl Thompson, 46, of New Haven.
. . .
"I think he’s right," said Tomaselli, who is white, in support of Thompson. "To compare people to animals is an unfairness to people."
. . .
"I have relatives who were in concentration camps," said Alex Reznikoff, 47, of Newtown. "I think this detracts from PETA’s message. It doesn’t make me think about animals at all."

My favorite quote, courtesy of Dawn Carr, PETA’s director of special projects:

We realize these images are hurtful. It’s hard for me to imagine the hurt the animals go through. We should be treating animals according to their own best interests, not to the best interests of people.

Uh, yeah. So, you're saying a hamster is more important than the Jews who were burned in ovens? Or slaves? Here's hoping that this insanity will do nothing more than increase the backlash against PETA. Thankfully, the local chapters of the NAACP is getting involved, like the Anti-Defamation League has in the past. Not to mention the less-organized protests that I'm sure will follow this horrid display everywhere they go. I never thought I would agree with something coming out of a Blue State. See, all we needed to unite us is PETA. I'd thank them, but I need to go fire up the grill; I'm having steak tonight.

Update:
Animals aren't people.

Update:
Nope, animals still aren't people.

Update:
OMG, MY DOG JUST STOOD UP AND TURNED INTO A . . . nope, nope, still a dog.

Previous:
More PETA killings
The other white meat

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever think: gee, what if all the idiots out there cared this much about things that we could all agree are really important, like crime, war, hunger--oh, I guess that last one would kind of conflict with the whole PETA thing.

    ReplyDelete